Yasst is now opensource
Because I've basically not had much time to play with this recently I thought it was time to open source it. It's got it's own page on github and everything! If anyone is interested in helping out or taking it over please drop me an email.
- Added: Tweet command line options, '-tweet' and '-tweetas', use: yasst -tweet "some message" -tweetas someuser, the user must be setup in yasst.
- Added: Mark all as read button, as the 'double click on count' behaviour wasn't obvious.
- Added: Style directive to allow styling of mentions
- Added: Slider to control importance of single user tweets (when viewing a users profile.)
- Changed: Moved shorten button.
- Changed: Sliders are slightly more agressive for tweet importance.
- Changed: New feeds open a URL request dialog.
- Changed: New style retweet button.
- Changed: Updated auto complete behaviour to auto hide on an exact match, or when no items are available. [Thanks @arvislacis]
- Changed: New columns are added as the first column, rather than the last.
- Fixed: Retweeting RSS feed items should work now.
- Fixed: URL redirects are now followed, so adding feeds from short URLs should work.
- Upgraded: Upgraded to Qt 4.7
- Added: Per column refresh [Thanks @arvislacis]
- Added: Popup notifications [Thanks @HufflepuffBR]
- Added: Short URLs, turn on in options, hover over URLs to see the long version. [Thanks @arvislacis]
- Changed: Removed left and right buttons.
- Fixed: The dates in the places I forgot to localise. :) [Thanks @arvislacis]
- Added: Very basic user theme support. You can specify user stylesheets to control the look of Yasst, you must provide 2 stylesheets, 1 for the general look and feel and one for the text for each tweet. There are example stylesheets provided in the Yasst install dir.
- Added: Default 'new tweets' sound [Thanks @arvislacis]
- Added: Slider to control min refresh in seconds. By default Yasst refreshes as fast as possible within the current API limit, if you're on a low bandwith connection you can use this option to reduce the frequency of tweet fetching.
- Changed: Dates are now shown according to OS locale settings.
- Changed: Behaviour of options when no accounts to make it more obvious.
- Fixed: Showing tweet dates when users local is not English. [A big thank you to @arvislacis for patience and help tracking this down.]
- Fixed: Making noises on new tweets seems to have been broken for a while.
- Fixed: API rate checking.
- Fixed: List handling had been broken since OAuth.
- Fixed: List management window quirks.
- Added: Google translate, you can translate incoming tweets (right click on the avatar). Also you can translate your own tweets (enable this in the options).
- Added: Settings reseting, you can now restore defaults, or completely reset settings and remove all accounts.
- Changed: Group/list button now always opens a menu, list management is now a menu option. To make group creation more obvious.
- Changed: Network things, trying to narrow down the issues of nonresponsivness.
- Fixed: Closing all tabs then quitting would crash.
- Fixed: [OSX] Toolbar obscuring main window when only 1 tab open.
- Fixed: Picture uploading.
- Fixed: Column dragging isn't so flickery
- Changed: Column repopulation, should stop the odd clear-refresh you get on twitter lists sometimes.
- Fixed: Refreshing tweets had become sporadic
- Fixed: Couldn't Tweet!! Reverted ssh change as was stopping tweeting.
- Fixed: Didn't refresh correctly on first ever logon using OAuth
- Added: OAuth authentication.
- Fixed: Resending tweets now have correct icon.
- Fixed: SSL is now used correctly.
- Fixed: Autocomplete popup could be positioned wrong.
- Added: Auto complete for user names and known hash tags.
- Added: Pressing escape will cancel the tweet.
- Added: Menu on prune read tweets button, you can now remove from this column only or all columns (previous behaviour.)
- Added: Double clicking on the tweet text (avoiding links) will mark the tweet as read.
- Added: Configuration option for automatic mark as read, time delay before marking can be set too.
- Fixed: Possible weird tweet deleting after prune read tweets
- Added: Remove read tweets button on columns, click to remove tweets that are marked read in that column. Tweets are removed from all lists. [Thanks imymulla for suggesting this.]
- Changed: Layout changes on userinfo panel, less wide.
- Fixed: Changing group members refreshes column correctly.
- Fixed: Obscure possible crash when tweets have been removed from columns.
- Updated: The user info panel now shows followers/friends count and user URL.
- Fixed: The Skip logon button now works as advertised, and also opens a feed list to edit. [Thanks @imymulla]
- Changed: Tidied up linux and OSX ui a bit, should look a little more conistant across platforms now.
- Fixed: Status bar on linux is now readable.
- Changed: Upgrade URL launched in response to the 'Visit download page' prompt now contains version upgrading from and the OS. (eg /downloads.php?from=20100321&p=osx)
- Added: Dragging columns to reorder.
- Changed: Icons and window layout.
- Changed: Removed 'default' theme, added a horrible blue thingy.
- Changed: Column refresh semantics.
- Changed: Searches refresh every 2 minutes now, rather than every minute.
- Fixed: Marking tweets as new.
- Added: You can now add users to a list by name in the list management window.
- Added: Skip logon button on main login window, allows use as an RSS reader.
- Added: Retweets now show orig user avatar, rather than a little arrow.
- Added: Font size on tweets is now configurable in the options.
- Added: You can now view lists you follow. (Still no follow/unfollow on lists though).
- Fixed: duplicate lists showing in menus.
- Fixed: Lists with non followed people now fetch correctly, uses API count.
- Fixed: Removing all accounts causes a crash.
- Fixed: Twitrpix posting.
- Added: Multiple account support.
- Fixed: Tweet expiration. Old tweets weren't being deleted correctly, leading to slowdown once the app had been open a while. This should improve long term memory usage, and prevent the gradual slowdowns seen when left running for a while.
- Fixed: Slightly imrpoved image handling when URL redirected. (Was causing a crash on linux.)
- Fixed: User info window should update all the time now, but still need a 'this user is private' message.
- Fixed: JSON Parser, so trending topics now work.
- Fixed: Tray icon.
- Fixed: User info via the little 'i' was broken.
- Fixed: casually clicking cancel causes confusing column closure, corrected.
- Added support for twitter lists - The old group button now opens the list management window, click and hold to create a new group, or to open an existing list.
- Added new style retweet, with the option to edit the tweet (ala old style retweeting)
- Added displaying of new style retweets from orig user (set in options.)
- Added variable width columns
- Sped up closing of full columns
- Fixed: Malformed URLs [Thanks moomin_dc]
- Fixed: Refreshing users tweets only happens once now. [Thanks wilko1]
- Fixed: Made the 'do not remember password' checkbox state persistant [Thanks wilko1]
- Changed: Redraw behaviour, should be quicker now.
- Added drag and drop into image box.
- Fixed occasional crash clicking 'refresh' on a user
- Fixed friend fetching, now populates list of friends
- Bugfix for occasional crash with searches and trending topics. (Would crash when twitter down.)
- Fixed accidental repopulating of trending topics
- Fixed incorrect tooltip on compact view
- Added context menu to avatar on compact view.
- Added popout mode, click eject on a column to pop out a compact version, close the popout to return to normal. In the popped out list, double click on the avatar to reply to a tweet.[Suggested by wilko1]
- Changed error reporting for trending topics.
- Fixed trending topics only allowing current to be fetched
- Clamped the number of tweets in trending topics widget to 150
- Added 'Clear' button to trending topics
- Added trending topics, click on a topic to view it.
- Fixed searches
- Reduced text side for column headings
- Added context menu to user icon in tweets, useful for quickly adding a user to a group. [Suggested by moomin_dc]
- Fixed update of user list, so items won't unselect, and the scrollbar won't jump as new users are fetched.
- Fixed link highlighting with cr and nl chars, more links in tweets should work now.
- Fixed tweets not appearing in 'Friends' column correctly.
- Fixed unfollow/follow button not showing occasionally.
- URL shortening will auto retry upon failure.
- Slightly changed error notification timing.
- Added web feed support
- Added icons for columns
- Added tweet resending on failure.
- Added error notification.
- Changed user info fetching, should now slowly fetch info for all friends
- Changed url shortening to use shorter bit.ly url of j.mp
- Fixed crash when auth fails
- Fixed occasional crash saving group widget [thanks moomin_dc]
- Changed search, removed name, made the search part of the list view
- Remove web based user search as it never really worked well, let me know if you miss it. :)
- Added user info column, type a users screen name to see their tweets, opened by the old user search icon
- Double click on the user info column title to change the user
- Changed tab buttons to not be so... flaky.
- Added unread tweet count tooltip
- Added double click to clear unread tweets.
- Fixed pressing return oddity, fixed return on keypad not working.
- Fixed initial theme disparity.
- Configurable initial fetch size, defaults to 50 for a quicker startup, set it to 200 to get the old behaviour.
- Added user info column, you can now view a users profile and last few tweets (including mentions you normally wouldn't see) in a handy column.
- Added user refresh, you can fetch the last 50 tweets for a user, which includes any mentions you normally wouldn't see
- Update check. Yasst will check for a new version periodically, can be disabled in the options
- Changed the new tweet handling sligtly
- Slight memory usage improvements
- URL shortening fixed
- Some small bugs fixed
- Added new tweets indicator. [Suggested by navbassi]
- Added system tray icon. [Suggested by wtfmf]
- Added favorite support. Can view the last 20 favourite tweets, can mark tweets as favorite. [Suggested by wtfmf]
- Added bit.ly API key support, url's now appear in users bit.ly history.
- Fixed annoying random noise bug. [Thanks wilko1 for help finding this.]
- Changed date parsing, hopefully will fix the 'no dates' bug being seen by some people [Thanks c_ern]
- Themes. Thanks to @c_ern for the 'it's too grey!' comment giving me a push to get this done. :)
- Upped initial search results to 100.
- Fixed a huge memory leak. :)
- Integrated twitters user search page into Yasst, now you can find users directly within the pogram, and followed users are available immediatly for use in group lists.
- Bugfixes and speedups, especially for proxy users.
- Added global filtering, settable in options.
- Added filtering by client, use @@clientname to filter tweets from that client.
- Embarassing #twitpocalypse bug fixed. (Columns with only 1 tweet in.)
- Some network bugs fixed
This is an update for OS X only, the 20090607 release didn't work on PPC Macs, this one really is a universal binary. :) [Thanks moomin_dc]
- Added image upload via twitrpix.
- Made delay before send variable
- Layout changes
- Mac build is now a universal binary
- Changed layout slightly, less curvy corners, less padding on tweets.
- Added mute to columns
- Fixed searches making notification sound every refresh
- Fixed saving of filter for DMs and mentions
- Fixed a bug where modifying a group wouldn't repopulate correctly.
- Added a count to columns.
- #fixreplies support. You can disable setting of the 'in_reply_to' flag when tweeting.
- Group members now show all the time, less chance of lossing group members accidentally when changing.
- Added icons to group lists members
- Changed ordering of members when setting up group lists to be case insensative
- Tweet timestamps should be accurate now
- Lists now should stay scrolled to the current tweet as new tweets are added, so you can see which lists have new tweets (Optional)
- Made group lists refresh users as they're known about.
- Some race conditions fixed hopefully.
- Fixed handling of &,< and > in messages.
- Added a close tab icon and a proper menu for the mac.
- Added tabs, double click on the tab to rename it.
- Added last 10 groups and last 10 searches, close a group or search, then click and hold either the new group new search icon and you'll get a list of the groups/searches you've closed.
- Added 'follow' button to tweets from non friends (ie searches)
- Added dock size and position saving to options
- Stopped lists expanding, always minimum width
- Changed status bar to more accuratly reflect fetches in progress.
- Tweets now expire if more than 20 minutes old and not displayed.
- Tweet lists now expire tweets older than n minutes, when there are more than x items in the list.
- Images now expire when not used frequently, or over 2 hours old. (To prevent avatar changes being missed.)
- Having lots of friends won't blow your API limit, a max of 1000 friends are currently fetched.
- Updated options window, added twitter user/pass to options window.
- Added test to annoying noise.
- Added configurable weighting for fetchers, so you can fetch tweets more frequently than DMs say.
- Added configurable expire times and tweet count for tweet lists in options window.
- Added delete tweet/direct messages option.
- Made filters persist across invocations.
- Changed 'replies' to 'mentions' inline with twitter change, replying to a second user adds that username to the existing reply tweet.
- Fixed the noises on new tweets, doesn't sound more often than once every 30 seconds.
- You will need to reset your groups when you upgrade to this
- Fixed problem with shortening certain URLs
- Added some nice new icons, and made it look.. well... different.
- Fixed bug with some friends not showing up.
- Fixed oddities (hopefully) between search users and normal users
- Made searches refresh seperatly from tweets
- Made tweet fetching more robust, and displayed next refresh time more accurate
- Fixed occasional profile info not showing up
- Fixed searching with multiple terms.
- Added receving direct messages.
- Added sending direct messages.
- # links in tweets open new searches
- General layout tweaks
- Fixed 'in reply to' links.
- Added 'posted from Yasst' bit, and displaying of posted from info.
- Changed repopulation for group lists
- Added 'My friends' column
- Retitled 'All' to be correct.
- Group list widgets only show friends, not every use I know about.